We help students develop the mindset and skills to become successful entrepreneurs. Our future depends on cultivating entrepreneurship across every sector of our economy and society.
Work with SSE
Building on the launch momentum, a number of roles are now available to join SSE. Full descriptions below.
SSE has partnered with Hays Recruitment to externally manage recruitment. If you would like more details about the Development role please contact Lauren Lea on +61 2 80626117 or email@example.com.
Sydney School of Entrepreneurship (SSE) is a globally unique new partnership between 12 tertiary institutions – all 11 NSW universities and TAFE NSW, headquartered in Australia’s highest density startup precinct. SSE is making the opportunities of an entrepreneurial mindset and skills accessible to the next generation of NSW student entrepreneurs through academic and co-curricular learning activities.
Established 2016 with cornerstone investment by NSW Government, SSE launched in August 2017 and has already hosted more than 50+ activities, welcoming more than 3,000 people to Campus including over 1,000 students. www.sse.edu.au
About the Role
SSE is seeking an individual highly capable in development to create and achieve long term strategies and relationships for philanthropy, corporate partnerships, grants and awards. They will secure significant financial and inkind support from the diverse SSE community of academic members, industry partners and student entrepreneurs.
This is a newly created senior leadership role to join the high achieving SSE team committed to continuing the launch momentum and building a successful enterprise. Highly valued by higher education members, industry partners and student entrepreneurs, SSE is an emerging global point of reference in fostering entrepreneurship.
1. Development strategy
- Build the development strategy to achieve business strategy and objectives
- Philanthropy: Establish and grow a portfolio of Trusts, Foundations and Donors to secure gifts, multi-year commitments and annual giving; prospect research, wealth screening and profile development to build an ongoing pipeline; uplift existing relationships with a view to maximising income and manage timely and effective submissions for trusts and foundation to generate a significant ($AUD millions) at steady state
- Corporate Partnerships: Develop sponsorship pipeline, proposal and secure partners for scholarships, sponsorships, contra and in kind. Map the goals, implement campaigns and report on traction achieved.
2. Stakeholder Engagement
- Develop a development stakeholder map identifying all existing and prospective relationships and plan for bespoke engagement
- Lead an effective program of research, identification, cultivation, engagement and stewardship to secure the full spectrum of support
- Build and maintain a network of strong stakeholder relationships across academic, government, corporate and philanthropic sectors, ensuring appropriate cultivation of key funders and influencers
- Supported by database expert, build and grow development database of all relationships, leads, track all philanthropic contributions and partnership contra, maintain accurate records of correspondence, contribution and impact
3. People and Culture
- Reporting to the COO, working closely with the CEO, Chair and senior leadership team to deliver the development strategy
- Contribute to governance and business planning (strategy, forecasting and reporting)
- Model the tone and culture of relationships, capability and performance; coach and mentor broader SSE team and resources
4. Strategic Communications and Special Projects
- Plan and execute special engagement projects and campaigns as required
- Collaborate closely with the Engagement and activity teams to support the development strategy and business objectives by coordinating the events communications calendar and initiatives and meet all recognition, reporting and partnership deliverables
Capabilities, Qualifications, Specific Skills and Experience:
- Interdisciplinary teamwork: Collaborate and contribute to advance the work of SSE, facilitate the contribution of others to foster a constructive environment
- Entrepreneurship knowledge and skills: Knowledge and skills in relation to entrepreneurship (i.e. presenting, interviewing, pitching, etc)
- Critical thinking: Critical and creative thinking in relation to how value is created and captured
- Communication skills: Effective interpersonal and communication skills, empathy and succinct visual, oral, written and digital presentation skills to a diverse group of stakeholders about entrepreneurial opportunities
- Wider community considerations: Integration of ethical, social, political and environmental responsibilities when considering entrepreneurial initiatives
- Strategic thinking and decision-making: Strategic solutions within an entrepreneurial context
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications.
- An active collaborator with internal and external stakeholders
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills
- Senior fundraising and partnership experience role with a significant and proven track record
- Demonstrated experience managing concurrent projects and programs
- Existing network with and decision making access to Australian giving circles
- Efficiency in administration and reporting, relational database (ideally Salesforce) communications platforms (social media, Campaign Monitor)
- Proven ability in managing and influencing complex stakeholders and effective long lasting relationships.