We help students develop the mindset and skills to become successful entrepreneurs. Our future depends on cultivating entrepreneurship across every sector of our economy and society.
Work with SSE
Building on the launch momentum, a key role is now available to join SSE.
SSE has partnered with Hays Recruitment to externally manage recruitment.
If you would like more details about the Education and Training Designer role please contact Natalie Clark on +61 2 8226 9609 firstname.lastname@example.org
Sydney School of Entrepreneurship (SSE) is a globally unique new partnership between 12 tertiary institutions – all 11 NSW universities and TAFE NSW, headquartered in Australia’s highest density start-up precinct. SSE is making the opportunities of an entrepreneurial mindset and skills accessible to the next generation of NSW student entrepreneurs through academic and co-curricular learning activities. www.sse.edu.au
About the Role
Help SSE enact a step change and cultural shift in entrepreneurial education across NSW, Australia and internationally. As Education and Training Designer you will work in collaboration with academics from our member institutions and partners across the entrepreneurial ecosystem to create a range of educational offerings, including full Units of study (equivalent Bachelor degree subjects), Masterclasses and online content. To be successful in this position you will be capable of leading the education design process from conceptualisation to creation and deployment of materials, quality assurance and assessment.
Reporting to the Education and Training Director, the Education and Training Designer will relish the opportunities of a start-up environment in an academic setting. Working across the SSE team, and in collaboration with academics from our member institutions, this role requires excellent stakeholder engagement and management, capability, creativity and drive.
- Learning Design and Development:
- Translate entrepreneurial education and methods into clear and concise instructional content by collaborating with the SSE subject matter experts.
- Adapt existing and create new instructional content to support SSE activities.
- Design and develop a range of learning support not limited to teaching and facilitator guides, work instructions and presentation materials
- Map, monitor and analyse the performance of curriculum programs to guide current and future strategies
- Co-ordinate and manage Learning Management System/s for all curriculum requirements
- Co-ordinate and implement special projects such as micro-credentialing and others
- Stakeholder management:
- Build and maintain a strong working relationship with unit academic leads, unit industry leads and SSE members.
- Ensure consultation and ongoing engagement with curriculum network such as with the Fellows Program and the Advisory Committee.
- Co-ordinate and implement procedures with appropriate representatives of all 12 partner institutions.
- Support Head of Education and Training for Academic Committee as required
- Quality Assurance and Quality Enhancement:
- Implement learning design standards and quality assurance for all activities.
- Research best practice learning design methodologies and incorporate them into SSE’s framework.
- Manage expert external consultants and leverage member and SSE expertise to manage curriculum development quality assurance to agreed timelines.
Capabilities, Qualifications, Specific Skills and Experience:
- Interdisciplinary teamwork: Collaborative and reflective contributions in ways that advance the work of your team, facilitate the contribution of others to foster a constructive team environment.
- Entrepreneurship knowledge and skills: Knowledge and skills in relation to entrepreneurship (i.e. presenting, interviewing, pitching, etc)
- Critical thinking: Critical and creative thinking in relation to how value is created and captured
- Communication skills: Effective interpersonal and communication skills, empathy and succinct visual, oral, written and digital presentation skills with diverse stakeholders about entrepreneurial opportunities
- Wider community considerations: Integration of ethical, social, political and environmental responsibilities when considering entrepreneurial initiatives.
- Strategic thinking and decision-making: Strategic solutions within an entrepreneurial context.
Qualifications, skills and Experience:
- Experience across all phases of learning and education development including analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation
- Expertise in educational instructional design in a tertiary environment
- Senior understanding of unit and curriculum development in multidisciplinary and interinstitutional programs in an Australian and international higher educational setting with a proven track record
- Efficiency in administration and reporting, relational database (ideally Salesforce), student learning platforms (OpenLearning) and project management tools (such as BaseCamp)
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- An active collaborator with internal and external stakeholders
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated experience managing concurrent projects and programs
- Existing network and decision-making access to entrepreneurship and academia
- Proven ability in managing and influencing complex stakeholders and effective relationship management.
If you would like more details about the Educationg and Training Designer role please contact Natalie Clark on +61 (0)2 8226 9609 email@example.com
Centrally located in the thriving cultural, educational and entrepreneurial innovation precinct of Ultimo in Sydney, SSE’s campus is a venue for activities that help build our community and provide opportunities for student entrepreneurs, members and partners to learn, collaborate and innovate.