University of Newcastle was established in 1965 and is a leader in driving engagement, innovation and impact in areas of national and global significance, including health and medicine, sustainable energy and resources, and the humanities. It is ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world.
Over 37,000 students from diverse backgrounds study across campuses in Newcastle, the Central Coast, Port Macquarie, Sydney and Singapore, with a focus on developing the world’s next generation of socially oriented leaders, entrepreneurs and innovators.
The Integrated Innovation Network (I2N) supports entrepreneurs and businesses to make valuable connections, develop their ideas and thrive. It offers premium co-working spaces for globally-minded, innovative, and diverse startups and SMEs on a mission to drive positive change through technology.
Sydney School of Entrepreneurship collaborates with University of Newcastle to develop and deliver the Ideation unit, where emerging entrepreneurs learn to use design thinking to ideate a new venture. We co-host learning activities, bringing visiting global entrepreneurs to the Hunter region.
Liam Scanlan Bachelor of Business, Innovation and Entrepreneurship
It felt like everyone was there for each other - even the teaching staff. It was a really friendly environment with a whole new perspective
University of Newcastle
From Newcastle? Join us at SSE
- Charles Sturt University - Partner Profile
- Macquarie University - Partner Profile
- Southern Cross University - Partner Profile
- TAFE NSW - Partner Profile | SSE
- University of Newcastle - Partner Profile | SSE
- University of Sydney - Partner Profile
- UNSW Sydney - Partner Profile
- University of New England - Partner Profile
- University of Technology Sydney - Partner Profile
- University of Wollongong - Partner Profile
- Western Sydney University - Partner Profiles | SSE
- Australian Catholic University - Partner Profile
SSE was established in 2016 with cornerstone investment by the NSW Government.