SSE Campus Use – Terms and Conditions
The SSE Event Brief, together with these Terms and Conditions is an agreement between you as Host of the Event and us, Sydney School of Entrepreneurship Limited ACN 615 652 77 (SSE), for the use of our Event space at Building J 651 – 731 Harris St, Ultimo, NSW, 2007 (our Space).
By submitting the Event Brief, you warrant that you are over 18 years of age, have the authority to enter into this Agreement and agree that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by the following Terms.
- In consideration of payment of the fees to use the SSE campus, as specified in the Event Brief, SSE agrees to provide you non-exclusive use and access to the Space, as requested in the Event Brief, for the Event, on the Event Date and Time.
- The fees to use the SSE campus as set out in the Event Brief, must be paid within 7 (seven) days of receipt of invoice. If this term is not met, SSE may release the booking.
- You may cancel your booking up to and including 30 days prior to the Event Date, without penalty.
- If your event is cancelled less than 30 days prior to the Event Date, you are responsible for full immediate payment of the applicable fees to use the SSE campus. SSE reserves the right to assign any debts to a third party, without consultation with you and you will indemnify SSE for any loss that it suffers chasing your debt.
- In the unlikely event that SSE has to cancel your booking, we will firstly try to reschedule with you. If we cannot arrange a mutually suitable rescheduled date and time, we will provide a full refund of the fees paid.
- You agree that you will only use the Space for the Event, as specified in the Event Brief. You must not use the Space for any purpose that is unlawful or illegal, may damage the Space or interfere with anyone else’s use of the Space.
- If SSE allows you any access to its equipment as set out in the Event Brief, including but not limited to the SSE kitchen and AV equipment, you agree to only use such equipment for its’ intended use, in a proper manner in compliance with equipment operating procedures as may be advised by SSE.
- You acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for the acts and omissions of any catering companies or other third-party suppliers that you engage with for the Event and you agree to indemnify SSE in this regard.
- You must keep the Space clean and ensure that it’s left in its original condition.
- You agree that you have read, understood and agree to follow any fire safety and security measures as set out in SSE’s Code of Conduct, or other measures that may be advised by SSE from time to time.
- You warrant that you have all requisite insurances, permits, licences, including but not limited to public liability insurance and Responsible Service of Alcohol certificate, that may be required for your Event.
- You acknowledge and agree that SSE owns all of the intellectual property rights in the SSE brand.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, SSE excludes all liability and responsibility to you (or any other person) in contract, tort (including negligence), or otherwise, for any loss, including consequential loss, or damage resulting, directly or indirectly, from use of the Space for the Event.
- You agree to indemnify SSE from and against all claims, losses or liabilities it may suffer in connection with your use of the Space, except to the extent that such damage or loss is caused by SSE’s deliberate act or proven negligence.
- You release SSE and agree that SSE will, in no way, be responsible to you for any direct or indirect interference with the rights granted in these Terms, nor will SSE be responsible for any injury, damage or loss suffered by you as a result of your use of the Space.
- You may not assign your booking of the Space to anyone else without SSE’s written consent.
- These Terms may not be varied unless SSE has agreed such variation in writing with you.
- In the event of a dispute regarding these Terms, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- These Terms are governed by the laws of New South Wales.