Xi’an – Shanghai – Shenzen
A six-day China immersion program for startups and growth companies to learn, partner and pitch with the best of the best in China – gain exposure to the Chinese venture ecosystem and pitch for Chinese investment. Apply for an SSE scholarship today!
Who can Apply
- Globally minded, passionate students, researchers, or recent alumni of one of our SSE members – all 11 NSW universities and TAFE NSW.
- Have a business with a product or service already in the market.
- A hunger to align with China’s growing market.
It takes about 10 minutes to apply. You’ll need:
- A short statement (150 words) – What does the Chinese market mean to you and your business?
- A short video statement – Upload a short video about you, your business, your relationship to SSE and your interest in China (phone camera quality is OK)
Are you ready?
- Program Director and Chinapreneur, Bo Ji, Assistant Dean of Cheung Kong Graduate School of Business (CKGSB), gives you expert mentoring and access to influential networks, including hundreds of top investors.
- Learn China-specific cultural and market knowledge alongside talented peer entrepreneurs.
- Identify unique opportunities for your business and formulate competitive China entry strategies.
- Rapidly build relationships with potential local partners, businesses and investors.
- Achieve months worth of business engagement in one week.
- Gain the confidence to operate in global markets.
No wonder China Start has an impressive program satisfaction rating of 4.94/5.
1 Action packed week – Investment pitches and networking, group exercises, real-life case studies, company visits, cultural experiences
2 Accelerator visits – Dobe Accelerator and Tencent Innovation Hub
3 Cities – Xi’an, Shanghai & Shenzhen
4 Major pitch events – Investors and partners in the room plus live streaming to many more
5 Company visits – Top Chinese companies, including a unicorn company founded by CKGSB alumni
Read the full China Start program.
The SSE scholarship covers all China Start Bootcamp program fees.
Travel and accommodation will be at the cost of the participant. China Start will provide advice to help make travel arrangements.
We have only reserved a select few program places to send the best candidates from any of our SSE member institutions to China Start.
Testimonials – SSE International Bootcamp Scholarships
See what successful scholarship applicants say about going to China Start.
For Elias Honor, Isaac Honor and Jack Graham, co-founders of startup Ausair, getting access to the China market was crucial to their business, both to manufacture their patented anti-pollution masks and to enter the China market.
Sahil Harriram, co-founder and CEO of startup Elite Robotics, describes what the opportunity to pitch his business at China Start meant to him.