Please read these Terms carefully. If you have any questions, please contact us using the contact details below.
- Information: the information, including statements, opinions and documents, contained in this Site (Information) is for general information purposes only. Reliance you place on the Information is at your own risk since it does not take into account your specific needs, objectives or circumstances (and it is not advice). Before acting on any Information, consider whether it is appropriate for your circumstances, carry out your own research and seek professional advice, where necessary.
- Amendment: the Information and Terms may be amended without notice from time to time in our sole discretion. Your use of our Site following any amendments indicates that you accept the amendments. Check the Terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes and only proceed to use the Site if you accept and will comply with the new Terms.
- Your warranties: you warrant to us that you have sufficient opportunity to enter, read, understood and accepted these Terms before using the Site and will do everything reasonably necessary to give full effect to them (and events contemplated by them). You warrant to us to have the legal capacity to enter the Terms and form a contract. If you do not accept these Terms, cease accessing and using this Site immediately.
- Licence to use the Site: we grant you a non-exclusive, royalty-free, revocable, worldwide, non- transferable right and licence to use the Site for your personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with these Terms. All other uses are prohibited without our prior written consent.
- Prohibited conduct:
You must not:(a) Use the Site for any activities, or post or transmit any material from the Site:
§ unless you hold all necessary rights, licences and consents to do so;
§ that infringes the intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity;
§ that would cause you or us to breach any law, regulation, rule, code or other legal obligation;
§ that defames, harasses, threatens, menaces, offends or restricts any person;
§ that is or could reasonably be considered to be obscene, inappropriate, defamatory, disparaging, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic, threatening, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence or in breach of privacy; or
§ that would bring us, or the Site, into disrepute;
(b) Interfere with or inhibit any user from using the Site;
(c) Use the Site to send unsolicited email messages;
(d) Attempt to or tamper with, hinder or modify the Site, knowingly transmit viruses or other disabling features, or damage or interfere with the Site including but not limited to the use of Trojan horses, viruses, or piracy or programming routines that may damage or interfere with the Site; or
(e) Facilitate or assist a third party to do any of the above acts.
- Copyright and intellectual property rights: our Site contains material which is owned by or licensed to us and nothing in these Terms constitutes a transfer of any intellectual property rights. The Site protected by Australian and international laws, including but not limited to trademarks, trade names, software, content, design, images, graphics, appearance, layout and look of our Site. We own the copyright which subsists in all creative and literary works displayed on the Site.You must not breach any copyright or intellectual property rights connected with the Site. This includes but is not limited to:(a) Altering or modifying any of the code or the material on the Site;(b) Causing any of the material on the Site to be framed or embedded in another website;(c) Creating derivative works from the content of the Site; or(d) Using the Site for commercial purposes.
- Third party information, links and websites: the Site may contain third party information including but not limited to user comments, guest articles and advertisements (Third Party Information) and links to websites owned by third parties (Third Party Sites). We do not control, recommend, endorse, sponsor or approve Third Party Information or Sites. You should make your own investigations with respect to the suitability of Third Party Information or Sites for you.
- Reservation of rights: we reserve the right to amend or delete Third Party Information and/or Third Party Sites, and to block any user, if we believe that there is a violation of these Terms, or for any other legal reason, in our sole discretion.
- Delays and outages: we are not responsible for any delays or interruptions to the Site. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to minimise these. It is possible that the Site will not be available at all times, we may – at any time and without notice to you – discontinue the Site. We are not responsible for any loss, cost, damage or liability that may result from discontinuance of the Site.
- Limitation of liability: to the extent permitted by law, we exclude all liability for any loss, damage, costs or expense, whether direct, indirect, incidental, special and/or consequential including loss of profits, suffered by you or any third party, or claims made against you or any third party which result from any use of or access to, or any inability to use or access, the Site.To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all representations, guarantees, warranties or terms (whether express or implied) other than those expressly set out in these Terms, and the Australian Consumer Law to the extent applicable.
- Disclaimer: the Site is provided to you without warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose. We do not warrant that the functions contained in any material on the Site or your access to the Site will be error free, that any defects will be corrected, that the Site or the server which stores and transmits material to you are free of viruses or any other harmful components, or that the Site will operate on a continuous basis or be available at any time.While we endeavour to keep the Site and Information up to date and correct, we make no representations, warranties or guarantee, express or implied, about:(a) the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability of any Information, images, products, services, or related graphics contained on the Site for any purpose;(b) Third Party Information; or(c) Third Party Sites.
- Indemnity: by using the Site, you agree to defend and fully indemnify and hold us (and our officers, directors, employees, contractors and agents) harmless from and against all claims, actions, suits, demands, damages, liabilities, costs or expenses (including legal costs and expenses on a full indemnity basis), including in tort, contract or negligence, arising out of or connected to:(a) your use of or access to the Site;(b) any breach by you of these Terms; or(c) any wilful, unlawful or negligent act or omission by you.This defence and indemnification obligation will survive these Terms and your use of the Site. These Terms, and any rights and licences granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by us without restriction.
- Breach: you may only use the Site for lawful purposes and in consistency with the nature and purpose of the Site. By using the Site, you agree that exclusions and limitations of liability set out in these Terms are reasonable. If you breach these Terms, we reserve the right to exclude any person from using the Site & Information and enforce our rights against you in our sole discretion. If we do not act upon a breach, this does not waive our rights to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches of these Terms by you. All rights not expressly granted in these Terms are reserved.
- Exclusion of competitors: you are prohibited from using the Site, including the Information, in any way that competes with our business. If you breach this term, we will hold you responsible for any loss that we may sustain and hold you accountable for any profits that you may make from non-permitted use.
- Enforceability: if any provision of these Terms is found illegal, invalid or unenforceable by court of law, then the provision is deemed not to have been included in these Terms and will not affect the remainder of these Terms, which will continue in full force and effect.
- Termination: these Terms are effective until terminated by us, which we may do at any time and without notice to you. In the event of termination, all restrictions imposed on you by these Terms and limitations of liability set out in the Terms will survive.
- Disputes: please notify us in writing of any dispute you may have. By accepting these Terms you agree to use mediation and negotiation to resolve any dispute arising out of or relating to these Terms, prior to resorting to an external dispute resolution process.
- Jurisdiction: your use of the Site and any dispute arising out of your use of it is subject to and governed by the laws of New South Wales and the Commonwealth of Australia and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts operating in New South Wales. Although the Site may be accessed throughout Australia and overseas, we make no representation that the Site complies with laws (including intellectual property laws) of any country outside Australia. If you access the Site from outside Australia, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for complying with laws in the place where you access the Site.
For questions and notices, please contact us at:
Sydney School of Entrepreneurship Limited ABN 64 615 652 778
Building J, TAFE NSW Ultimo Campus, 651 – 731 Harris Street, Ultimo NSW 2007, Australia
Last update: 3 July 2017
LegalVision ILP Pty Ltd owns the copyright in this document and use without permission is prohibited.