Youth Accelerator is designed to take student entrepreneurs to the next level by helping them commercialise their business ideas. Through the program, students build a go-to-market strategy and develop their understanding of how to pitch and seek funding from venture capitalists, angel investors, and government and community bodies. They then present their business plan to a panel of industry experts, mentors, and investors.
By the end of the program, students will build an entrepreneurial mindset, resilience, perseverance, adaptability and leadership qualities; strengthening their awareness of entrepreneurship's social impact on a local and global scale.
As an SSE-led program, our delivery model can be customised and integrated into youth programs and school curriculum.
Through the program, participants will:
- Develop a simple business plan covering target market, marketing strategies, and finance options.
- Understand the legal considerations required to start and run a business.
- Understand the requirements for funding preparation and identify possible funding sources appropriate to their business.
- Gain experience by pitching an idea within a ‘shark tank’ setting and use feedback to perfect their pitch.
- Develop leadership and teamwork skills.
- Develop an entrepreneurial mindset, persistence, resilience, adaptability and a willingness to take risks.
- Understand how entrepreneurship drives innovation, economic growth, and social change.
Develop sought-after transferrable skills:
- Critical Thinking
Youth Accelerator is a hybrid program delivered over two months, including a two-day in-person workshop, two online sessions, and mentoring from industry experts. The workshop and online sessions are delivered over five weeks, and mentorship is provided for the remaining duration of the program.
Part 1: Two-day workshop
The two-day workshop will be delivered in-person and introduce students to the program concepts, teach them how to present, and develop documentation for their business case.
Part 2: Online sessions
Following the two-day workshop, students will complete two four-hour sessions online, which will cover their go-to-market strategy and how to pitch to potential investors.
Students will complete tasks throughout the program and participate in project work to put their learning into action. Upon completing our Youth Accelerator program, students will receive a verified digital badge that they can use on their resume and LinkedIn profile.