Pitch Perfect is a development Masterclass designed to grow participants’ ability to empathise, inspire, and communicate efficiently through the power of pitching – a life skill that is critical in becoming work-ready – and to effectively communicate a project or business idea, or commercialise research.
It is designed to target specific, sought-after skills in communication and presentation to enable participants to develop and deliver a concise, authentic pitch that leaves a lasting impact, whatever their audience.
Through high-energy, interactive facilitation, Pitch Perfect participants will learn how to capture the essence of their project and cultivate a captivating pitch, work collaboratively to develop and present that pitch during the workshop, and implement valuable feedback.
By the end of the Masterclass, participants will:
- Identify and develop the key skills required by effective storytellers
- Understand frameworks used to create compelling ‘stories’ to bring ideas to life
- Demonstrate the ability to use tone and emotion to authentically communicate and persuade a particular vision to a diverse range of audiences
- Apply pitching techniques and formats to develop a succinct and impactful story around a specific research project or business idea or niche to non-specialist audiences
- Apply feedback received through interactive workshop exercises and role-playing to develop (or advance) communication and pitching skills.
Pitch Perfect is run as a 2-hour workshop for groups of 16 to 26 people, to be delivered face-to-face (though can be tailored to run hybrid or wholly online if required).
Participants are to complete a pre-workshop activity of approximately 30 minutes via SSE’s online Learning Management System, SSEQuad. Total learning hours required to complete the Masterclass and receive the microcredential (see below) is 2.5 hours.
Program Outcomes and Recognition
Once participants successfully complete the Masterclass, they will receive a digital microcredential badge that identifies their specific learning credentials and micro-skill that can be shared via LinkedIn and in their CV. Verifiable micro-skills are embedded into the badge’s meta-data and accessible to employers seeking candidates with the relevant skills.
Partner with us
We'd love to talk to you about becoming a partner with us. Get in touch with our Executive Director, Innovation, Enterprise and Engagement, Lynn Erkens, to discuss the program that is right for you.